CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 1, 2007

Fragile

Looking out my kitchen window, I see the rain running off the leaves and branches of our plum tree, striking the blades of grass, and pooling in the freshly turned soil where I sowed seeds just last week. I strain my eyes, trying to distinguish if any new seedlings have emerged, or if only the sparse weeds I had not pulled are showing. I see those weeds, giggling at their mischievous reappearance, and promise to pull them as soon as the ground dries. I need to inspect more closely to determine if the seeds have germinated.
New life amazes me - it is so fragile, yet so full of promise. Anything could happen. It could wither and die, or grow into something beautiful. This blog is fragile - in need of nurture and attention to save it from the Internet graveyard of dead blogs.
Every thing has a beginning. Everything, that is, except God. What an amazing creator who loves new things, who loves art and beauty, and who has such eclectic taste!
Psalm 90:2 (NIV) - Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the
earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.