CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Everything and Nothing

What a week! Everything changed, and yet nothing changed. The other day I looked in the backseat and annouced, "Okay boys! Time to get out!" There are three now, but I still can say "boys" and not "kids" or "children."
DSC02267
My boys are so good. Jackson has been taking care of Zeke, and Nick is learning very quickly what it means to be gentle. Zeke is so alert and happy - I don't remember either of the older boys acting this way at such a young age. I think he really benefited from not having the drugs (pitocin, nubain) that the older boys had when they were born.
I am finding my speed again with three boys. I'd estimate that I'm running at about 80% now. There's always something going on that I have to go do, and I'm glad I can do the things I want to.
I haven't made too much progress on my knitting this week, though I did start a Fair Isle Hooded Capelet from Loop-d-loop. I found the book for $10 at Tuesday morning - talk about a deal! I can return the library copy now.
DSC02268
Now that I've learned to knit continental, I don't care as much for big needle knits. Still, I was able to purl continental, so that's a nice addition to my knitting skills. I like the open yo increases - it adds an interesting dimension to an otherwise flat project.
DSC02269
I also added about 10 rounds to my Lillian Tank Top. It's knitting slowly because of the lace work, but I'm getting faster at it.
Nick pulled out one of my needles on the Hemlock Ring, so I've got some rescuing to do before I can knit any more on that. Oh, and he lost the needle (of course). It might be on hold for a while.

2 comments:

Maggi

Wow, you found it for $10!!! Woohoo! I love it when that happens.

It's crazy how fast babies change in the first week or two. Wow, he's a week old already!

Anonymous

Boy is he getting big already! Looks like broad shoulders and big hands. Sounds like you're coming along nicely, with knitting and everything else in just a week! Wow! Shayne